Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter.


It's hard to believe it is April already and Easter has come and gone.  Although I realize Easter is a religious holiday, there is just something so precious about an Easter Egg Hunt.  Casey and I have been living vicariously through Brady for the past 4 years and always get a kick out of being around him during the holidays.  There is something about experiencing the holidays through a child's eyes now that we are grown ups. 

My parents sent Brady + Ralphie on an Easter Egg Hunt in their backyard on Saturday. Above are a few pictures.  It was a hoot watching Brady look for the eggs and then get excited when he spotted one!

I have very fond memories of Easter growing up.  We always went to church in our new "festive" outfits and then headed to brunch.  This is where I found my first love - chocolate covered strawberries!  Once we got home, we had to go entertain ourselves while our parents - i.e. Easter Bunny - hid our eggs.  For some reason our hunts were always indoors (I blame Houston weather) and my mom could never remember where she put all the eggs.  Months later we would come across an egg that she forgot about!

It's hard to believe Lucas will be almost a year old for his very first Easter Egg Hunt! 
We are looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment