Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pregnancy Brain.

So I came up with this great idea last night that Casey and I would carpool to work today.  He needed to borrow my car and we have a tour at a day care tonight after work, so I said "let's carpool".  Keep in mind that Casey has to be at work an hour before I do, but I was fine with putting in some extra hours as March is very busy for us personally.  I figured sometime this month I will need to skip out of work early and this "extra" time would make up for it. 

So at 6.50 AM, Casey pulls up to my office and immediately I grab my head and look at him saying, "I didn't bring my keys!"  I wasn't driving and he locked up the house so there was no need for keys, right?  WRONG!   I had to open up the office.  Poor Casey, almost in tears at the thought of having to leave his pregnant wife outside in 50 degree weather, left me on the sidewalk in front of my office.  There was no way we could go home - some 15 minutues away - as he had to get to work.  My co-workers would show up eventually.  Good thing we stopped for Starbucks first.  I had my coffee, breakfast, a snuggie (conveniently in my back seat), a beanie and catalogs from the mail the day before.  I was set!

Me and my bright ideas!  Some 45 minutes to an hour later, my coworker arrived.  I guess this is what they mean by "pregnancy brain" huh? 


(I am actually alot happier than I look in the picture - afterall I had to make it look dramatic.  Pregnancy has made me a lot more happy, go lucky than I usually am.  Pre-pregnancy I would have been upset I forgot the keys, but pregnant me was happy to see the sun rise, drink my coffee and look at my catalog.  Go figure.)

No comments:

Post a Comment