Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Home Improvements - Outdoors


C + I have been doing a lot of home improvements this summer. Although we are currently renting, we are really starting to make our house feel like a home. C and our dads put together a shed for our backyard. Since this house had the garage converted to a great office and dining room, we need somewhere to store C's "manly stuff".

Our backyard is big and we weren't sure what do to with it. I have been searching high and low for patio furniture that I like, but won't break the bank. We came across this turquoise set. Being my favorite color, I liked it immediately. Far from what I was originally wanting (I like West Elm's "spa-like" furniture), but it will do for now. And it was CHEAP! thanks to Garden Ridge Pottery.

We found out that when it rains it pours at Jalna (the name of our street). So it was no wonder where the water sits, we do not have any grass. C solved this by building a patio in these areas. We really like the new stones as they prevent us from always walking in mud on the way into our home. Thanks mom + dad for the donation of bricks. We really appreciate it.

Photos: Summer 2009, The Guys; Casey w/ Hat; R Relaxing

No comments:

Post a Comment